Great stuff from Nim Clemo:
What gospel truths do you use to excuse your sin?
- “Jesus died to forgive my sins”
- “I’m saved by grace, not works”
- “I mustn’t be legalistic about holiness”
But when I look in the mirror of God’s word – alongside the challenging words of John Owen – I can’t help but see the ugly realities of my heart:
- “Holiness and obedience aren’t my top priorities”
- “I’m too lazy to deal with sin”
- “I don’t want to fast and battle in prayer”
- “I don’t believe my sin is dangerous to me”
Wow. Told you it’s ugly. How greatly we need Jesus!